A. Click here to find out more about the membership benefits. To find out about how the benefits might suit your individual business email the membership team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772 426 465.
Q. How much does membership cost?
A. The membership fee you pay is determined by the size and nature of your business. Prices start from approximately £2.50 per week. To find out how much membership would cost for your business - no obligation - contact the membership team.
Q. I have more than one business I want to bring into membership. Is there a discount?
Q. How can I pay?
A. Once you have received an invoice, payment can be made by cheque, debit / credit card, direct debit or BACS transfer.
Q. How long will my membership run for?
A. Memberships last for twelve months and you will be automatically invited to renew annually thereafter.
Q. What will happen during my first few months of membership?
A. You will be allocated an account manager who will work closely with you to create your own enhanced page on visitlancashire.com (if applicable) as well as showing you how to access your membership benefits. Your account manager will be your main contact at Marketing Lancashire throughout your membership.
Q. How will you keep me informed?
A. All members receive a monthly e-newsletter containing updates and opportunities as well as regular invites to one of our members events. You will also hear from your dedicated account manager assisting you to get the most out of your membership. Other members of the Marketing Lancashire team will also be in touch directly with you to inform you of specific opportunities.
Q. Does my business need to be formally assessed for me to become a member?
A. Membership of Marketing Lancashire is open to all.
Marketing Lancashire is committed to and promotes quality and where it’s appropriate we recommend that businesses seek to gain a national accreditation (such as the stars scheme from Visit England (administered by Quality In Tourism) or the AA for accommodation; VAQAS for visitor attractions and Taste Lancashire for eating out venues which is widely recognised by visitors when deciding upon accommodation.
As a minimum we require all of our accommodation providers to agree to sign up our Accommodation Quality Charter.
Membership Terms and Conditions
Marketing Lancashire Membership Terms and Conditions
Marketing Lancashire is a professional, not for profit organisation interested in working with and promoting likeminded companies and businesses that adhere to a high standard of service and professionalism. In order to ensure that we achieve this, we require our members to subscribe to the following terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Marketing Lancashire expects all members to maintain the highest standards of service and professionalism at all times and to enhance the reputation of Lancashire as a tourist destination.
2. Members should maintain and operate their premises/operations in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements.
1.Marketing Lancashire is committed to and promotes quality and where it’s appropriate we recommend that businesses seek to gain a national accreditation (such as the stars scheme from Visit England (administered by Quality In Tourism) or the AA for accommodation; VAQAS for visitor attractions and Taste Lancashire for eating out venues which is widely recognised by visitors when deciding upon accommodation.
2. As a minimum we require all of our accommodation providers to sign up our Accommodation Quality Charter.
1. Organisations accepted into membership of Marketing Lancashire will be notified by email
2. Marketing Lancashire is not obliged to accept any application for membership or give any reason for refusal.
3. Membership of Marketing Lancashire is dependent on an annual membership fee being paid within our standard credit terms.
3.1 Membership of Marketing Lancashire is not transferable and non-refundable (it is the business that is in membership, not an individual).
3.2 Each annual membership fee covers a year from the month of joining. Different forms of payment are available (see FAQ page).
3.3 Membership of Marketing Lancashire is for a minimum of twelve months. Should a member cancel prior to the expiry, the full twelve months fee becomes due, if not already paid.
3.4 Members are provided with the services laid out by Marketing Lancashire in the description of membership benefits. Members may be charged a fee for such services and be subject to additional terms and conditions. Marketing Lancashire reserves the right to refuse or remove such services without assigning any reason.
4. If membership lapses, businesses agree to remove any reference to membership of Marketing Lancashire, such as logos and window stickers, immediately from all publicity materials and public areas.
5. All accommodation bookings through the LOIS online system will be subject to a commission fee (please contact the on-line marketing team for rates).
6. Annual renewal date for membership are from 12 months from the time of joining. Any cancellation of membership must be made in writing within 28 days of receipt of invoice and all membership materials returned to Marketing Lancashire.
7. Marketing Lancashire reserves the right to carry out an inspection of any premises in membership.
8. Marketing Lancashire reserves the right to expel from membership any organisation which fails to comply with these terms and conditions or to expel any member that has, in the reasonable opinion of Marketing Lancashire, repeatedly failed to meet their customers’ reasonable expectations. For example a member will have been deemed to have failed to have met their customers’ reasonable expectations should Marketing Lancashire have received, investigated and upheld three legitimate complaints against a member. To clarify this condition applies to ALL members, including both those accommodation providers in a national accreditation scheme and to those signed up to Marketing Lancashire’s Accommodation Quality Charter.
9. Payment must be in full of all invoices within 30 days of the date of invoice. Members who fail to settle their accounts with Marketing Lancashire by the designated invoice date may at the sole discretion of the company be removed from membership and may also have restrictions other services or support withdrawn and/or applied to other Marketing Lancashire activity.
1. Welcome all customers without discrimination, meet the minimum standard requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act, ensuring Lancashire is accessible to all; and so far as practicable in the circumstances.
2. Give due consideration to access for people with limited mobility and others with special needs.
1. All sightseeing tour companies, activity companies and ground handlers must comply with the necessary statutory requirements for each of their sectors.
2. All organisations offering Bureau de Change facilities must comply with the British Bankers Association Banking Code.
*Terms and Conditions reviewed 6th January 2015
If you have any questions regarding any of the above terms and conditions please contact the Membership team on 01772 426 450 - email@example.com