Tourism Society Annual Symposium
Winter Gardens Blackpool
With everything still to play for on Brexit, the global economy and Climate Change, this year’s programme is designed to challenge and provoke. After an unmissable keynote from the BBC, three sessions will dissect and discuss Disruption and Sustainability. Be prepared for some inspirational bold new voices with speakers and panellists from every corner of Britain.
- Day One, Monday 23 September: Three useful and interesting study tours led by local experts plus the all-important evening networking reception
- Day Two, Tuesday 24 September: The conference tackles the knotty and frighteningly topical subject of Disruption.
- Keynote: BBC’s Adrian Mills on Britain, the North, populism, youth, scepticism and implications for tourism
- Shapeshifters: examining product innovation and destination management in the public and private sectors with case studies and insight from diverse destinations and policymakers.
- Storytelling: exploring developments in marketing and the use of data]
- Sustainability: informing every session and focusing on transport strategy and urban design, the public value of art and the role of visitor payback schemes (aka ‘tourist taxes’)
Monday’s study tours include Blackpool Tower, Blackpool Beach and a behind-the-scenes preview of Blackpool’s new conference centre. This is your chance to see for yourself just what lessons can be learnt from how the UK’s most famous seaside town is managing tourism in today’s ever changing holiday world.
Delegates will also enjoy preferential deals on Virgin Trains and Visit Blackpool’s best accommodation
BOOK HERE : EARLY BIRD TICKETS AVAILABLE UNTIL 31 JULY