Forbes reveals 2021 Reinvention and Resilience Top 50
Forbes Solicitors has revealed a select group of North West businesses in its 2021 Reinvention and Resilience Top 50 Report.
The final 50 includes SMEs across all sectors that have demonstrated new ways of generating revenue and protecting jobs or have re-invented any aspect of their business, service, product or sector in the past 12 months.
Organisations such as Hartley Botanic, Prevayl, Sales Geek, Low Carbon and Advocacy Focus all feature in this year’s report. The report includes interviews with business leaders as they share their experiences and the positive lessons learned over the past two years. Pro-Manchester CEO Sam Booth also gives her view of what’s next for Manchester’s business community.
Oliver Burton, Chief Executive Officer at Forbes Solicitors, commented: “Last year, when we published this report for the first time, many companies were in the eye of the storm. What started as a reaction to the economic crash of last year, has become a long-term opportunity to reinvent business models and continue on the path of innovation.
“The aim of the Reinvention and Resilience report is to identify the key trends that have helped the region’s SMEs improve resilience and reinvent the way they work. We believe businesses like these will be key to driving the region’s future prosperity, which is why we feel it’s so important to champion these stories.”
Businesses were selected for their achievements in relation to the following themes:
- Resilient business – through restructuring or rationalising business, people or portfolio.
- Rethinking the way we work – adapting to agile working, investing in technology or reconfiguring office space or the business’ physical footprint.
- Reinventing business – launching new products, services, or diversifying into new markets.
- Reinvigorating ambitions – M&A, innovation, attracting funding for growth or succession planning.
- Responsible business – investing in employee wellbeing, commitment to community or charity initiatives, or working towards solving broader social or ESG goals.