New £10m attraction for Blackpool
Nickelodeon land to open at Pleasure Beach, Blackpool
Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, is delighted to announce the launch of Nickelodeon Land, which will open at Britain’s favourite tourist attraction in April 2011. Nickelodeon Land represents an investment of £10.3m.
This collaboration between Pleasure Beach, Blackpool and Nickelodeon, the number-one entertainment brands for kids, will see a 6 acre area of Pleasure Beach transformed into Nickelodeon Land, which will feature 14 rides, 9 are brand new and 5 are extensively re-themed existing rides. Nickelodeon Land also includes themed retail and catering outlets.
New rides include SpongeBob’s Splash Bash, which is an interactive ride where riders have the opportunity to turn the jets onto their friends and blast pesky jellyfish with jets of water for a splashing time. Avatar Airbender allows riders to join Aang on an amazing adventure, spinning and soaring through the air on a giant disk. The Rugrat’s Lost River is a rollicking flume ride where you join the Rugrats on their quest to find the mythical Temple of Spoon.
Amanda Thompson, Managing Director of Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, comments, “We are delighted to welcome Nickelodeon to Pleasure Beach. Both of our brands represent fantastic family fun and Nickelodeon Land will combine Pleasure Beach’s reputation for amazing rides and attractions with Nickelodeon’s favourite fun characters to produce a wonderful attraction, which will wow visitors to the park.”
“Pleasure Beach, Blackpool is a first-class amusement park and popular destination for families in the U.K.,” said Gerald Raines, Senior Director, Nickelodeon Theme Parks and Attractions. “This is an ideal location for Nickelodeon and a great opportunity to expand our global presence. We look forward to offering the Pleasure Beach patrons experiences that are unique to Nickelodeon and based on fan favourites like SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer.”
Work on Nickelodeon Land will commence in the Autumn 2010 and is scheduled to open in April 2011.
- Pleasure Beach, Blackpool is investing £10.3m to open Nickelodeon Land.
- Nickelodeon Land will consist of 9 brand new rides and 5 extensively re-themed existing rides.
- Nickelodeon Land will cover 6 acres of Pleasure Beach, Blackpool’s 42 acre site.
· Nickelodeon, now in its 31st year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does.
· Nickelodeon Land will be the first Nickelodeon-themed area in the UK and one of only 3 outside of the USA. Others are located in Australia and Germany.
Pleasure Beach winner of Lancashire and Blackpool Tourist Board’s Online Marketing Award 2010
Press Contacts. For more Information
Stephen Burton – 01253 336330
Daniel Thompson – 01253 336329