Northcote announces Obsession 17 line up
17 Nights – 23 Chefs –16 Michelin Stars
Recognised as one of Europe's premier gastronomic events, Obsession is celebrating its 17th year with 23 outstanding guest chefs with 16 Michelin stars between them. Travelling from across the world to luxury, Lancashire-based hotel, Northcote, these chefs will cook their unique Obsession Menus during the 17 night event taking place Friday 20th January to Sunday 5th Feb 2017.
Obsession 17 includes the following chefs:
- Friday 20th January – Michael Wignall (2 stars) – Gidleigh Park, Dartmoor, UK
- Saturday 21st January – Gareth Ward (1 star) – Ynyshir Hall, Wales
- Sunday 22nd January – John Williams (1 star) – The Ritz, London, UK
- Monday 23rd January – Gennaro Esposito (2 stars) – La Torre Del Saracino, Vico Equense, Italy
- Tuesday 24th January – Ladies Night – Lisa Goodwin-Allen – Northcote, Lancashire, Chantelle Nicholson, Tredwells, London, UK; Claire Clarke; Anna Hansen, The Modern Pantry, London, UK
- Wednesday 25th January – Michael O’Hare (1 star) – The Man Behind the Curtain, Leeds
- Thursday 26th January – Pasi Petanen – Sydney, and Daniel Puskas – Sixpenny, Sydney, Australia
- Friday 27th January – Hans Neuner (2 stars) – Ocean, Vila Vita Parc, Algarve, Portugal
- Saturday 28th January – Chinese New Year – Year of the Rooster – Zhao Guang You, JE Mansions, Beijing, China and Lu Yao – Yihe Mansions, Nanjing, China
- Sunday 29th January – Ana Ros – Hisa Franko, Slovenia
- Monday 30th January – Justin Cogley – Aubergine at L’Auberge, Carmel, USA
- Tuesday 31st January – James Close (2 stars) – Raby Hunt, Darlington, UK
- Wednesday 1st February – The California Boys – Justin Cogley, Aubergine at L’Auberge, Carmel, USA; Ben Spungen; Tony Baker
- Thursday 2nd February – Isaac McHale (1 star) – The Clove Club, London, UK
- Friday 3rd February – Takagi Kazuo (2 stars) – Zeniya, Ashiya, Japan
- Saturday 4th February – Atul Kochhar (1 star) – Benares, London, UK
- Sunday 5th February – Nigel Haworth (1 star) – Northcote, Lancashire, UK
Nigel Haworth, Northcote’s Chef Patron created Obsession in 2001 as a celebration of great food, wine and a meeting of friends, old and new. Today that is still very much the ethos of the event and Nigel looks for chefs who are obsessed with working with the very best ingredients and challenging themselves to be as creative as they can be in the kitchen.
Nigel Haworth, Chef Patron at Northcote said, “Obsession is now in its 17th year and its great reputation means that it is self-propelling; as soon as we finish the event, we’re already thinking about the next year and how it can evolve to be even better than the last. This year we have an eclectic mix of chefs that I’m really excited about, covering all spheres of cooking from all over the world and with a new focus on the Americas. It’s important to have this variety as many guests come to a number of nights during the event, so I want to make sure there are plenty of appealing options.”
In addition to the Louis Roederer Brut Premier champagne reception, guests also have the option of adding a wine flight to their gastronomic experience. Managing Director Craig Bancroft and his wine team, select wines to pair with each course and take diners on a unique wine journey. Northcote was recently awarded a Best of Award of Excellence in the 2016 Wine Spectator’s Restaurant Awards for their absolute commitment to wine and breadth of the cellar across multiple winegrowing regions including Burgundy, Spain and Portugal.
Following dinner, guests can enjoy the vibrant cocktail bar and it’s specially created Obsession cocktails, which draw on each of the chef’s cuisine for inspiration.
Northcote is a luxury, independent 26 bedroomed country house hotel located in the Ribble Valley, Lancashire and its award winning restaurant has held a Michelin star for 20 consecutive years since 1995. Founded by Chef Patron and Managing Director, Nigel Haworth and Managing Director, Craig Bancroft in 1984, Northcote is an oasis of gastronomic excellence that alongside its restaurant, also boasts a truly interactive cookery school and chef’s table, a kitchen garden and a carefully curated wine cellar filled with award-winning and unique wines. In September 2016, Northcote was awarded Hotel of the Year: England at the AA Hospitality Awards.
Headline sponsors for Obsession 17 are Electrolux Professional and Gaggeneau, and sponsors are Sousvide Tools, True Foods, Pure Luxury, Villeroy & Boch Churchill, Ribble Farm Fare, Total Food Service, Wright Wine Company, Louis Roederer and BELU. The official charity for Obsession 17 is Hospitality Action.
Tickets for Obsession 17 cost from £130 per person including Louis Roederer champagne and canapé reception, five course menu, and coffee and petit fours. Specially paired wine flight can be added starting from £60 per person. For more information visit www.northcote.com/obsession17.
The dedicated booking line opens at 8am on 1st November 0333 999 7762. VIP hospitality packages are available to book now for six or more people in the Louis Roederer Room or at the Chef’s Table, from £2,325 + VAT.