Pavilion Cafe in Avenham Park re-opens
Just in time for the summer school holidays, the Pavilion Café in Avenham Park will re-open on Monday 22 July from 11am – 4pm.
The council stepped in to open the café for the summer holidays, building on the excellent Harris café offer brought in-house at the end of 2018. The offer will include freshly made sandwiches, a selection of homemade cakes and a range of drinks to quench the thirst of any park visitor. Join us on Monday to experience the new menu in the beautiful surroundings of the Green Flag Award winning Avenham Park
On launch day, samples from the menu will be available, plus an ‘on the day’ discount of 25%.
The Pavilion can also be used for meetings, celebrations and events, plus wedding receptions.
Councillor Robert Boswell, Cabinet member for environment, said,
“We’re delighted to be able to re-open the café in Avenham Park in time for the summer school holidays. It’s an important amenity for users and visitors to the park and I thank the staff who have worked hard to enable this to happen so quickly.
“We were sad to see the end of our relationship with Tribourne but must look to the future and the opportunity to enable the café to become a successful business once again.”
Cabinet member for leisure and culture, Councillor Peter Kelly, added,
“Using the resources and staff from the Harris makes perfect sense. Many of us use Preston’s parks regularly, so it’s great to see the café up and running once again.”
- Opening times for the Pavilion Café will be 11am – 4pm, 7 days a week.
- Menu and prices will be similar to that offered in the Harris Café – tea and coffee prices range from £1.20 – £2.80.
- Well behaved dogs on leads will be welcomed inside the Pavilion Café all year round.
- Details about hiring Avenham Pavilion can be found on the council’s website
- Preston City Council actively applies and prioritises the principles of Community Wealth Building wherever applicable and appropriate. Community Wealth Building is an approach which aims to ensure the economic system builds wealth and prosperity for everyone. For more information please see: www.prestoncommunitywealth.org