New Route Announced From Blackpool Airport
Holidaymakers from across Lancashire will be spoilt for choice next summer, as a new Spanish destination is announced from Blackpool Airport.
Sun seekers will now be able to travel to Reus as part of the Jet2.com summer schedule, which is a popular route to Costa Dorada and gateway to Salou, Barcelona and Madrid.
Flights to Reus are on sale now and will commence in May 2015, running weekly with fares starting from £48 per person one way including taxes. Jet2holidays’ package breaks are available from only £399 per person, secured for only a £60 deposit and including a generous 22kg baggage allowance.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “We’re delighted to add Reus to our growing number of destinations available from Blackpool Airport, offering our flights and package holiday customers even more choice direct from their doorstep. Reus is the perfect mix of sun, beautiful beaches and culture, and we are confident it will be popular with both families and couples alike.”
Sue Kendrick, Corporate Affairs Manager at Blackpool Airport, said: “We are thrilled to be announcing Reus as a new route for Blackpool Airport. This is fantastic news for passengers across Lancashire, Blackpool and the Lake District, as the new route will help to increase the choice and widen the range of destinations on offer.
“The flights to Reus should prove very popular with holidaymakers who are looking for an affordable Spanish holiday. Costa Dorada is a popular summer resort and it’s great that Madrid and Barcelona are within easy reach for the perfect city break.”
Located on the beautiful Spanish coastline, Reus in the Costa Dorada is a picturesque town with beautiful relaxed beaches and is near to the popular seaside resort Salou, which is also home to PortAventura, one of Europe’s largest theme parks.
Visitors can also drive to Barcelona and Madrid, making Reus an ideal base for a sun filled holiday in Spain.
The extra holiday spot will bring the number of Jet2.com routes to 11 and include flights to Alicante, Dalaman, Ibiza, Lanzarote, Malaga and Tenerife.
Passengers flying from Blackpool Airport to Reus with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays can also park for free (up to 15 days)*.
For further information please visit www.blackpoolinternational.com.
For further information call Susan Kendrick, Corporate Affairs Manager, Blackpool Airport on 01253 472560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Jet2.com Press Office on 0113 243 1355 or email email@example.com
Notes to editors:
1. Jet2.com has eight Northern bases, serving: 46 sun, ski and city destinations from Leeds Bradford International; 43 from Manchester; 29 from Newcastle; 32 from East Midlands; 14 from Belfast International; 19 from Edinburgh; 11 from Blackpool and 23 from Glasgow.
2. Jet2.com has scooped a number of other prestigious awards including: Globe Travel Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014 – Best Short Haul Airline, Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association (SPAA) Awards 2011 – Best Low-cost Airline, Telegraph Travel Awards 2011 – Runner Up Best Short Haul Airline, 2010 British Travel Awards for Best Trade Booking Website (Flights) – Bronze Award. 2009 Passenger Airline of the Year; 2009 Best Travel Internet Booking System, 2009 Best Passenger Airline, 2008 Best UK Short-Haul Airline; 2006 & 2007 ‘Best European Short-Haul Airline’; the world’s most punctual airline into Amsterdam Schiphol; the 2005 ‘Best Online Booking Service’ of any UK airline; and the favourite British low cost airline from both Holiday Which? and Wanderlust magazines.
3. Jet2.com is a subsidiary of Dart Group plc, aviation services and distribution group, which has 30 years’ commercial aviation experience.
4. Jet2holidays – Northern Ireland Travel Awards 2013 – Best Package Tour Operator, 2011 British Travel Awards – Best Tour Operator to the Iberian Peninsula & Canary Islands, Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association (SPAA) Awards 2011 – Best Mainstream Tour Operator, 2010 British Travel Awards – Best Tour Operator to the Iberian Peninsula & Canary Islands – Bronze Award.
5. Jet2holidays are ATOL protected – therefore have a financial guarantee provided by the CAA, and are ABTA bonded.