Run Preston the popular annual event which has seen 15,000 runners take part over the last 10 years will take place on Sunday 28 September.
Anyone who wants to take part in Run Preston this year can do so as the entries are now open. They simply need to go to www.runpreston.com. To secure a place participants must sign up.
The event is now being co-ordinated by Fylde Coast Running who aim to build on the event with support from Preston City Council.
Director of Fylde Coast Running, Lewis McAndrew said: “It is fantastic for us to be co-ordinating such an established event. We will be trying to improve the event further, one of the improvements we have made already is allowing runners to sign up on the day to participate.
“We have lots of experience to bring to Run Preston, we have co-ordinated half marathons and marathons in Blackpool and Fleetwood, the Great North West Marathon for the last 25 years and numerous 10k’s over the years. We aim to provide quality events of the highest standard for all types of runners.”
Events Manager at Preston City Council, Tim Joel said: “We are delighted to be supporting Run Preston. It is great that Fylde Coast Running have decided to take this event on and take it forward. This now allows us to focus our resources into the development of a new sporting event for the calendar to increase participation in sport in Preston.
NOTES TO NEWSDESK
- To sign up for Run Preston go to www.runpreston.com
- There are 2 distances that can be run the Run Preston 5k and 10k.
- Fylde Coast Running have been involved in over 200 races since 1988.
- History of Fylde Coast Running: Fylde Coast Running is an organisation based in Blackpool who stage events throughout the Fylde Coast, and beyond. Their aim is to provide quality events of the highest standards for all types of runners, fast and slow, young and old. Fylde Coast Running's commitment to quality and safety means you will enjoy each and every event.
- Fylde Coast Running is affiliated to the governing body UK Athletics. Each race is licenced and insured by UK Athletics.
Media enquiries: Peter Gwin, Communications, Performance and Website Assistant, 01772 906953.