The Big Event – Summer Campaign
This year, British Food Fortnight coincides with the start of the Olympics so what better way to celebrate Team GB than with a feast of home grown goodies.
Running from 27 July until 12 August, British Food Fortnight is the definitive national celebration of food. So it is the perfect time to promote your food offering by highlighting Lancashire produce on to your menu.
Pubs and restaurants taking part in previous celebrations have seen their footfall increase by up to 25% and retailers taking part have increased sales by up to 34% as a direct result of the event.
We’re lucky that we have an abundance of food and drink grown here in Lancashire so businesses have lots of options when it comes to celebrating the event:
• Create dishes, or even a special menu, of regional food. Make sure you list the producers who’s ingredients are on there
• Lancashire is renowned for its cheese so put a Lancashire cheese board on your menu and see how many of our local dairies you can include. Remember- the chutney and biscuits can be sourced in the area too
• Offer tasting of local food to entice customers
• Use point of sale materials such as British Food Fortnight bunting or union jacks
• If you have Taste Lancashire accreditation, shout about it!
• Let your local press know what you are doing
Check out our recipes for some regional ideas. The organisers of the event have put together a fact sheet to help businesses wanting to take part – you can download a copy here. If you are struggling to source something locally, ask us.
Here at Marketing Lancashire we will be celebrating by launching our fabulous new Taste Lancashire magazine – our own gastronomic celebration of the region.