Lancashire chef Lisa Goodwin-Allen wins Chef Award at prestigious Cateys
The winners of the annual Cateys awards, held by The Caterer, were announced at London’s Grosvenor House this evening. Now in their 39th year, the hospitality awards are recognised as the ultimate accolade in the industry.
The Cateys recognise individuals, teams, and companies that distinguish themselves within the hospitality industry. The winners, along with those shortlisted, are chosen by a group of esteemed industry judges.
The 2022 Lifetime Achievement award went to Jeremy King, famed restaurateur behind London’s restaurants The Wolseley, The Delaunay and Brasserie Zédel, in a year that has been particularly challenging for King, who lost control of Corbin & King to major stakeholder Minor International in April.
Robin Sheppard, President of Bespoke Hotels, was handed the Special Award to honour his achievements in leading the UK’s largest independent hotel group. Hélène Darroze received the International Outstanding Achievement Award for her accomplishments as a chef guiding her three restaurants in London, Paris and Provence, which currently hold a total of six Michelin stars. This year’s Chef Award went to Lisa Goodwin-Allen, Executive Chef at Northcote, and other awards included Andrea Antona, winner of Restaurateur of the Year – Independent, and Fallow who won the Newcomer Award.
Editor of The Caterer James Stagg said: “It has been striking to witness just how imaginative hospitality businesses have been in delivering exceptional guest experiences over the last 12 months, despite battling incredibly challenging trading conditions and a full-blown staffing crisis. This year’s Catey winners have demonstrated that despite such operational challenges, the industry continues to innovate and create opportunities to impress. They define what’s so special about hospitality. Delivering exceptional experiences time after time and maintaining the highest standards of business performance. Congratulations to all our winners.”
Full list of winners:
- Best Marketing Campaign Award, sponsored by Bidfood – Meldrum House Country Hotel and Golf Course, Aberdeenshire
- Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by Montgomery Group – Dale MacPhee, General Manager, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian
- Best Use of Technology Award, sponsored by Ten Kites – Mollie’s Motel & Diner
- Accessibility Award, sponsored by Blue Badge Access Awards – Marsham Court Hotel, Bournemouth
- Newcomer Award, sponsored by Diversified – Fallow, London
- Menu of the Year Award, sponsored by Belazu – BiBi Restaurant, London
- Sustainable Business Award, sponsored by 4C Associates – The Goodwood Hotel, Chichester
- Pub and Bar Award, sponsored by Britvic – André Ferreira, The Wigmore, The Langham, London
- Restaurateur of the Year – Independent, sponsored by Opentable – Andreas Antona, Antona Restaurants
- Restaurateur of the Year – Group, sponsored by Entegra Europe – Mitch Tonks, Rockfish
- Best Employer Award, sponsored by harri – Thomas Franks
- Wine and Spirit Ambassador Award, sponsored by Matthew Clark – Jan Konetzki, Four Seasons Hotel London at 10 Trinity Square
- Health and Nutrition Award, sponsored by Indeed Flex – Nutrition and Hydration Week
- Public Sector Caterer Award, sponsored by Bidfood – Michael Hales, Juniper Ventures
- Education and Training Award, sponsored by Caterer.com – Adrian Ellis, The Lowry Hotel, Salford
- Hotel of the Year – Group, sponsored by Food Alert – The Grand, York
- Hotel of the Year – Independent, sponsored by Miele Company – Grove of Narberth, Pembrokeshire
- Foodservice Caterer Award, sponsored by Diversey – Frank Bothwell, Thomas Franks
- Chef Award, sponsored by Brakes – Lisa Goodwin-Allen
- International Outstanding Achievement Award, sponsored by Diversey – Hélène Darroze
- Special Award, sponsored by CH&Co – Robin Sheppard
- Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by Bizimply, Jeremy King