Lancashire Day Success
This year Marketing Lancashire, in partnership with Dewlay Cheesemakers, launched a mini profile-raising campaign called ‘Say Cheese For Lancashire Day’, inviting visitors, members and Lancashire businesses to load ‘smiley’ pictures to Visit Lancashire’s Facebook and Twitter streams.
West End star and Blackpool-Born Jodie Prenger, opening that day at the Blackpool Grand Theatre in One Man, Two Guvnors, kindly agreed to join in the fun and to help judge the winning smile (the competition closes at the end of this year and the winner will be announced in January).
Marketing Lancashire was also out and about on Lancashire Day using social media to engage with a range of visitor across the county and at the House of Commons in London, where politicians and invited guests were treated to some fine Lancashire hospitality. The event at the House of Commons was organised by Eric Ollerenshaw OBE MP for Lancaster & Fleetwood.
Tony Openshaw, Marketing Director of Marketing Lancashire said “For the second year Marketing Lancashire represented and promoted the interests of Lancashire’s attractions and visitor economy businesses at the House of Commons.
“It was a great opportunity to raise awareness of this special day and the importance of Lancashire’s visitor economy which contributes £3.37m to the county and supports almost 56 thousand jobs.
Lancashire is renowned for its genuine hospitality and friendliness, and Say Cheese for Lancashire Day is a good humoured campaign that engaged with a wide range of people all over the UK.”
The results of Marketing Lancashire’s Lancashire Day activity follow:
- On the day an enewsletter was sent to our 40,000+ subscribers to celebrate the county's day. The enewsletter received a 15% open rate
- Lancashire Day related visitlancashire.com pages received 2,607 page views on the day
- Facebook activity reached 171,580 Facebook users
- Twitter activity reached 244,567 Twitter users
- In total social activity reached 416,147 social media users – receiving support from Lastminute.com, VisitEngland, VisitBlackpool and Jodie Prenger
Other Lancashire Day stories